The very nature of emergencies means that we cannot possibly know when they will occur, and this is what creates the need to have vital information for a medical emergency. This information should be readily available in the event of unforeseen emergencies. What’s more, ambulance medical personnel will need this information to give the best medical care. What do you do as an individual to make this information readily accessible should the need arise? The first thing is to make sure that the relevant information for a medical emergency is well organized. In addition to this, it should be readily accessible as there is little sense in having information that no one can get their hands on.
You may be wondering what information is required for this purpose. Using a medical information form will give you all the necessary details as outlined below. These forms are readily available at various health centers, but if you cannot get access to such, do not worry as you could create your own form provided it has the relevant details. Below are the details that give adequate information to help medical personnel during an emergency.
– Your official names as they appear on official documents. This is crucial because it will provide a way of identification especially if you cannot speak for yourself.
– Your contacts as well as those of the next of kin.
– Your date of birth. Some people opt to write their age, but this becomes tricky as it could be misleading if the information is not updated on a regular basis.
– Any present medication that you could be taking. Just as with the age, this needs to be updated regularly and correctly.
– Any allergic reactions that you may have alongside the probable allergens. In some emergencies caused by the indicated allergens, it becomes to provide speedy attention, thanks to the information for a medical emergency.
– Are there any chronic conditions that you may be suffering from? Make sure to include those as well. This could be anything from cardiac disease, diabetes, arthritis, hypertension just to mention a few.
– Have you been admitted to hospital before? For what reasons were you admitted? Heart attack? Stroke? Dialysis?
– Have you undergone any major surgical procedures? When was the procedure carried out? Were there any resulting complications?
– What is your blood group? This is perhaps a must-include in your medical form since some of the necessary information for a medical emergency must include the blood group to facilitate for blood transfusions.
– Who is your preferred physician? Indicate the name and specialty (if any).
– Add information as pertains to your medical insurance. During a medical emergency, it speedens up the process in creating medical records.
Note that it is very important not to include the number for social security account in the information for a medical emergency. The reason for this is that it could be used fraudulently, and this is something that you want to avoid. In any case, you already have your official names on the form.