Mississauga First Aid offers trainees the lowest prices for high quality St Mark James training courses including standard and emergency first aid. Stand-alone CPR classes, combined first aid, CPR and AED courses, private group, and refresher courses are also available in a public course format. Safety, food handling and WHMIS training are also available either for an in-class course or on-line. One of the most popular courses available is a one-day course referred to as emergency first aid. This course meets Ontario WSIB workplace first aid training requirements for a one-day course. To register for emergency first aid courses or for any other course use the contact information provided below.
Trainees can enroll on the Mississauga First Aid website here. A complete list of classes, schedules, and rates is available through the link. Enrollment can be completed using the registration form on the site or via e-mail, telephone calls, on-line chat and walk-ins during business hours in any of the training centers in Mississauga.
- Website Address for On-Line Sign Up – http://www.firstaidcprmississauga.ca
- Email Address: email@example.com
What Will I Learn in a Ontario WSIB Approved Emergency First Aid Course?
- How to stay safe, recognize emergencies and be prepared
- When and how to contact emergency medical services
- How and when to use personal protective equipment (PPE) and barrier devices
- How and when to do the latest CPR rescue techniques
- How and when to use an automated external defibrillator
- How to recognize and manage breathing emergencies including obstructed airways, asthma, anaphylaxis, and shock
- How to manage wounds including abrasions, avulsions, embedded objects, amputations and minor cuts / scrapes
- How to manage broken bones and fractures as well as head and neck injuries
- What are the legal implications of providing aid
Learn about these topics and more by taking an emergency first aid course in Mississauga today.
Ontario WSIB Certification Courses in Mississauga
The following courses are provided by Mississauga First Aid and meet Ontario WSIB requirements:
- Standard first aid, CPR level “A”, “C” or “HCP” and AED – two day course
- Emergency first aid, CPR level “A”, “C” or “HCP” and AED – one day course
- Standard childcare first aid, CPR and AED – two day course
To register for any of these courses use the contact information posted above.
Did You Know?
Animal bites: bats
Puncture wounds are the most difficult wound to treat. Especially when the puncture wound is caused by an animal. Cats are likely to cause puncture wounds when they bite because of their small, sharp teeth. However, it is important to note that rabies is more likely to be carried by small animals such as bats, rodents, rabbit, and squirrels. If you live or sleep near an area with bats, be sure to go see a doctor because bat bites are rarely noticeable and can be hard to see.
Participants enrolled in two day first aid training courses will learn to manage environmental emergencies such as bat and animal bites. Learn these basic skills and become prepared for any emergency.